Insure Your Horse Tack And Equipment Business
Even though the risk of liability exposure is low because you’re not dealing directly with horses and their training, you still some liability exposure. How? Because you’re selling items that will be used in relation to a horse.
What you’ll discover in this report:
- The need for horse tack and equipment sales insurance
- Common claims that people make against horse tack and equipment businesses
- The coverage offered by a Commercial General Liability Policy
Why Do I Need Insure My Horse Tack And Equipment Sales For Liability?
You can be pulled into a claim or a lawsuit. You want to make sure that your Ontario business doesn’t suffer financially for it.
- If you sell commercially manufactured products you can still be named in a lawsuit.
- If you manufacture items for sale, this isn’t generally insured under your Farmowners Insurance. This could include large items pulled by the horse such as a wagon or something the horse wears like a saddle.
- Because you’re operating a retail store and people are in and out of your store and buying items from you’re at risk of a claim.
What Are The Most Common Claim Incidents?
- While entering or exiting your store, a customer gets hurt and makes a bodily injury claim.
- The equipment you sell malfunctions and causes an injury to your customer or a member of their family. A related claim: someone’s injured through the use of the item they bought from you.
What’s Included In The Commercial General Liability Policy?
This policy protects you from legal costs, claims and settlements from a prospect, buyer, lessee, lessee’s guest, visitor or anyone that visits your business property, invited or not.
- Bodily injury: Protect yourself from financial loss anyone sustains an injury on your property.
- Property damage: Avoid having to pay damages to the property of others that occurs in relation to your business activities.
The policy gives you maximum limits or amounts of liability insurance for:
- Medical expenses: You can be sure a claimant’s low cost medical expenses are covered without a lot of questions about liability or responsibility.
- Legal defense costs: You can save your business the financial burden of court costs if you’re sued, whether the case has merit or not.
- Claims or settlement costs: Without this policy you could be held responsible for bodily injury and property damage claims.
At Henry Equestrian Insurance Brokers Ltd., we understand commercial insurance so we can help protect you and your business. Contact us today to learn more or click on Get a Free Quote for an obligation-free quote.